ATTN: Imaging Producers, Alexa Has New Tricks
Radio is obsessed with Alexa. After all, they found an ally with the radio friendly Alexa powered smart speakers.
Apple’s HomePod, nada! No future. They prioritize Apple Music and Beats One Radio.
Google’s Home Speakers and Assistant are more capable, but nah. Alexa is dominating the market.
So be it for a new ID for an Alexa skill or any promo, anything Alexa is a shiny new button for imaging producers.
And guess what, Amazon just announced today a set of tricks. Some of these are not necessarily new, but Alexa’s implementation and response may be updated.
THINGS TO TRY
- “Alexa, play music.”
As people in your household speak to Alexa, Alexa learns to recognize their voices automatically, and can play personalized Amazon Music recommendations. Learn more.
- “Alexa, who is Captain Marvel?”
- “Alexa, what is the upcoming book by Stephen King?
- “Alexa, move my meeting at noon to 3 p.m.”
Now you can ask Alexa to move your appointments by voice. Link a Google, iCloud or Microsoft calendar to Alexa to get started. Learn more.
- “Alexa, Yanny or Laurel?”
- “Alexa, what is George Clooney’s net worth?”
- “Alexa, who is your favorite supervillain?”
- “Alexa, play CBS News.”
Get live daily breaking news from the CBS News Skill. Tune in this weekend for live coverage on the Royal Wedding. Learn More.
- “Alexa, play 50 Great Songs for a Dinner Party from Amazon Music.”
- “Alexa, when do the Boston Celtics play?”
- “Alexa, help me create my own flashcards.”
- “Alexa, give me a fun fact.”
- “Alexa, remind me next Thursday to make a donation to Comic Relief Inc.”
Just ask, “Alexa, make a donation to Red Nose Day,” to support Comic Relief Inc. in their mission to end child poverty.
- “Alexa, how many Stanley Cups do the Capitals have?”
- “Alexa, do you like cats or dogs?”
- “Alexa, when is the next full moon?”
- Radio skill: “Alexa, open Vintage Radio.”
- Celebrity: “Alexa, who is John Cena?”
- Holiday: “Alexa, when is Memorial Day?”