How To Turn iPad Into An Audio Production Tool?
The iPad these days has become more like a utility tool for some people.
For audio producers, there are plenty of apps that can be used for audio production. However there is no way for you to plugin your hardware.
The Alesis iO Dock universal docker solves the problem. It provides you the connectivity to let you make and play music the iPad along with your instruments and music gears.
It is the missing link between your tablets robust processor, touch screen user interface, your vast collection of audio apps and your MIDI controllers, PA systems, guitars, mics, and video projectors.
It’s a multi-functional docking device indeed and it is universal, so don’t worry if Apple is going to have a new iPad version this year.
Here is a video demo the iO Docker:
Alesis iO Dock Features:
• The world’s first pro audio dock for iPad
• Connect microphones and instruments including guitar, studio monitors, PA speakers, headphones, and MIDI controllers
• Universal device works with virtually every audio and MIDI app in the App Store; Core MIDI compliant
• Perform, craft, create and play back music in virtually any conceivable manner or location
• Video output for connection to TVs and projectors
• Inputs: two combo XLR-1/4″ for use with audio gear, instruments, and computer audio
• Input channel gain controls and switchable phantom power for use with condenser microphones
• Guitar-direct switch for use with amplifier- and effects-modeling app
• Outputs: pair 1/4″ and 1/4″ headphone with separate volume controls
• Control: MIDI In, MIDI Out, USB MIDI, and assignable 1/4-inch footswitch input
• 2x XLR-1/4″
• Individual gain controls
• Phantom power, switchable
• Guitar (high-impedance) switch on Input 2
• 2x 1/4″ Main
• 1/4″ TRS Headphone
• Individual level controls
• RCA Composite (requires compatible apps)
• MIDI In (DIN)
• MIDI Out (DIN)
• USB MIDI
• 1/4″ Footswitch (function assigned by apps)
• iO Dock docking station for iPad
• Power supply
• Quick start guide