8 Ways To Optimize Windows 7 For Audio Production
When I upgraded my workstation to Windows 7, it was such a relief, and a breeze. Considering the fact that I have also upgraded the specs, I expect a smooth and fast audio production experience.
However, I noticed that with OS upgrading, comes also the disadvantages of having to tweak my computer. Not to mention I had to update my softwares, and download drivers that will make everything compatible with the new OS. There are simple and obvious ways to make your Windows system producer-friendly.
Here is what I found at Mix Magazine, 8 simple ways to optimize your PC for audio production.
- Select the right platform for you –Workstation class machines ideal for audio
- Install quality components
- Use RAID and SSD to accelerate disk access
- Low latency audio hardware –Preferably PCIebased interface
- Adjust BIOS to disable unused devices
- Configure Windows for performance and optimize background processes
- Disable or remove unused apps and services
- Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke
More detailed tips below:
Or view the webinar here http://www.media.qualitytech.com/client/new_bay/2011_0414/301472/SocNet-launch.htm